Answered By: Kate Wimer
Last Updated: Aug 09, 2022     Views: 205

Carrels provide quiet space within the Anderson Academic Commons for advanced research. Shared research carrels are available in AAC 180, along with lockers for storage. Access to the research carrels room is controlled via swipe card access and is only available to students who have a reserved carrel for the quarter.  Because of the limited number of carrels available, an application process has been developed to provide this resource to those researchers who have the greatest need.

University of Denver students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply for a shared research carrel:

  • Doctoral candidates who are researching/writing their dissertation
  • Masters candidates who are writing their thesis
  • Undergraduate students engaged in extended research projects (e.g. senior thesis, PINS project)

An application should be accompanied by an email from a faculty advisor confirming that the student is working on a research project during the quarter they have applied for a carrel. Check out our Research Carrels libguide for more information!