Answered By: Kate Wimer Last Updated: Mar 01, 2016 Views: 37
The Anderson Academic Commons brings together the University of Denver's main library and popular academic support services in one convenient location. Opening in 2013, the LEED Silver Certified building reflects 10 years of feedback about ideal academic and library services for 21st century students and teachers.
To learn more about the Anderson Academic Commons, visit:
- Photos & Features: Floor-by-floor photos, floor plans, and attractions.
- A Library Reimagined: A video tour of the building and its services.
- Building Renovation: Information and videos documenting the construction project.
THE ANDERSON ACADEMIC COMMONS: BY THE NUMBERS
- 780,000+ Annual visits
- 154,223 ft² Building
- 114,000 Online journals
- 39,500 Linear feet of library collections onsite
- 4,000+ Pieces of furniture refurbished and reused from Penrose Library
- 2,000 Seats, each with access to power outlets
- 1,000 Databases
- 200 Seats in the Special Events Room
- 135 Computers (Macs & PCs) for patron use
- 92 Seats in the Front Porch Café
- 54 Seats on the porch
- 32 Group study rooms
- 6 Seminar rooms
- 2 Fireplaces
Summer 2017 Hours
Mon - Fri: 9a - 5p
Sat - Sun: 1p - 5p
By Appointment Only