Answered By: Carrie Forbes Last Updated: Jul 01, 2016 Views: 155
If you want to view the books you have checked out, renew an item, or see what items you've requested, you can access your library account in Compass by clicking on View Library Account in the top menu bar of the library's homepage.
You should see a red DU login screen like the one displayed below:
Once you have successfully logged in, you will be taken to the main search page for Compass. Click on the My Account link in the upper right-hand corner.
- e-Shelf: This feature allows a user to make a list of favorite items for easy browsing. Users may organize these bookmarks into folders, and write notes about individual items and folders for easy reference.
- Queries: Use the Queries feature to view your previous searches.
- My Account: This is the general heading for a number of different services within the Compass My Account Menu.
- Loans: This option allows users to view their currently checked-out items, along with the expected due dates for each item. Users may requests renewals from this menu for individual items as well.
- Requests: Hold requests are listed here.
- Fines & Fees: Any fines or fees associated with a user's account will be listed here, with a brief explanation of each.
- Blocks & Messages: It is rare that a user will have an account block, but any issues with an account will be listed here.
- Personal Settings: Compass offers a number of advanced setting options for users, including language type, the number of resources to display, and personal information. Users may also select their "career path," which prioritizes results based on academic interest.