Answered By: Research Center Desk Last Updated: Mar 16, 2016 Views: 26
The Customize area in RefWorks is where you can make some choices about how your references display, whether you want to enable certain features, and even rename specific fields in your account.
The Customize area has six sections:
- Reference List Options -- where you set the number of records per page, customize the Switch to drop-down and enable the folder name display.
- Startup Options -- where you establish default folder display, sort order and language sort.
- Import Options -- the area to enable a source type for all your imported references and the ability to display electronic source related fields after import.
- RefWorks Links -- allows you to enable/disable the PubMed and Scopus linking features.
- Reference Edit Options -- allows you to enable/disable the Term Assistant feature that assists you in filling in author names, descriptors and periodical names.
- User Field Options -- allows you to re-label the fifteen User Defined fields that are part of every reference.
To access this area in RefWorks, login to your RefWorks account and choose the Customize option in the upper-right corner.